In summary, I am participating in legs 4 & 5 of the 2017/18 Clipper Round the World Yacht Race. This takes me some 12,000, over 4 months, from Western Australia to Northern China as shown in the picture you will find in the ‘Route Map’ link at the bottom of this page.
On November 19th I leave the UK and fly to Perth where I was planning to meet up with “HotelPlanner.com” as she arrived on/around the 20th/21st.
Unfortunately, as they had to divert to Port Elizabeth for offload one person with a broken arm and another with a broken finger they will not be arriving until 4-5 days later. We will then have one mad rush to turn her around and get her ready to leave on December 2nd!
Leg 4 Race 4
- Depart Perth December 2nd, arrive Sydney 14-17th December
Leg 4 Race 5
- Depart Sydney December 26th, arrive Hobart December 30/31st
Leg 4 Race 6
- Depart Hobart January 5th, arrive Airlie Beach January 13-15th
Leg 5 Race 7
- Depart Airlie Beach January 29th, arrive Sanya 21-25th February
Leg 5 Race 8
- Depart Sanya March 4th, arrive Qingdao March 13-16th
I then fly home on March 19th and have to get ready to go skiing on March 25th!
For more information of the overall route please click on the following link and then click on any of the legs.